Monday, September 2, 2019

Prom Dress Alteration

Before
What to do with a formal dress after using it for a one time special occasion? I found this prom dress in a thrift store for $6. I love the soft pink color, and it made me think about the movie Sound of Music--Liesl dancing in the gazebo. I wanted to use the dress in an informal way. I don't want to wait for a special occasion to wear this dress.

After
I made some alterations to the silk dress. I pleated the skirt and removed the silk band attached on the waist. Now that wearing silk is in fashion, I can use this dress in a casual way with a leather jacket if I wish. 
I couldn't stop thinking about Liesl's dress in the Sound of Music so I made a separate top that looks like Liesl's dress, and put it over the top of my silk dress so that the upper portion of my dress now resembles Liesl's dress.

I used chiffon fabric for the top. 

On the back of the chiffon top I attached snap fasteners. I'm going to wear this top with a pair of trousers or a skirt.
 This is my version of Liesl's dress; I really like how it turned out.
I want to wish you success in everything you do. Love and happiness around your loved ones.

2 comments:

Gemma Roberts said...

Love this!!

Erike Whit said...

Thanks for sharing this amazing informative post with us i found this helpful for, Prom Dress Alteration in Watford, Borehamwood, Bushey, Stanmore, Rickmansworth, Harrow, Rickmansworth & Kings Langley UK.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...