Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Musical paper wreath

I wanted to share with you how I made this paper wreath, I'm not going to display this wreath in my home only in Christmas but all the year-round, I just love it.

You will need: A circular cardboard, Hymn book, rotary cutter, hot glue, one piece of chenille stem, black and white paper (construction paper weight)

Cut two circles out of white paper to the same size as the cardboard (one for each side). before gluing the white circles to the cardboard, remember to glue the piece of chenille to hang the wreath.
Cut the pages from the book with the rotary cutter.
Start making the funnels and glue them to the cardboard.

I made three layers of paper funnels.
On the last layer, I cut the funnel smaller making a diagonal cut, so it would match the rest of the funnels. 
Cut a circle of black paper, then cut  long strips of paper and fold them into a fan. Glue it all around the black circle. My husband made the paper star, but you can glue anything you want.
I had fun making this wreath while my little boy was cutting paper, and it is really easy to make. I hope that you have fun making one too.

Another place to hang my wreath.

~Have a wonderful day and comeback soon~





6 comments:

happyone said...

That is beautiful. I am going to make one of my own. :-)

Unknown said...

what a fantastic idea you have so many creative talents you could write a book. I love seeing what you make next. Dee x

jade said...

That´s sooooooooo beautiful and your blog is really great - love your creative ideas and that romantic fireplace!!!!! Have a wonderful Christmas time and thank you so much, for your lovely comment,

Hugs Jade

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, that took a lot of work, and it turned out so lovely!!!!!! Well done.

My Show n Tell Link - A Jim Shore Find

Do stop by and say 'hi' if you can find time. Have a great week ahead.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I was drawn to your thumbprint photo as I saw a similar wreath at an antique place recently. It was amazing and I wondered who would have made such a thing.
After reading your instructions, it certainly doesn't look hard to create and is very unique.

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Hello,
I saw your wreath on 'show and tell friday'. It's gorgeous - great job!
- Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...